If so Alone in London's satellite mediation service can help.
Alone in London is a youth homelessness charity that has been supporting young people since 1972. They provide a range of services to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
You might not know it but one of the most common causes of youth homelessness is a breakdown in the relationship with parents or carers.
Many young people experience periods of conflict and breakdown in communication with their parents/ carers. If not addressed in a managed way the effects can be devastating.
Mediators work to resolve conflicts and repair breakdowns in communication. They are non- judgmental, independent of local authority services and treat your information as highly confidential (unless there are clear risks to yourself or others). Alone in London's mediators will help you re-build positive relationships whilst providing practical and emotional support.
How does it work? 1-2-1 support
- need time and space to talk about your family situation
- want to improve communication with your parents/ carers
Alone in London will:
- provide a safe and confidential space for you to express yourself freely but appropriately
- listen to you
- help you explore ways to enable you to move forward that are in your best interests
Family Mediation could be a good option if you:
- are experiencing conflicts with your family
- need to establish an agreement/ understanding with your family
Alone in London Family Mediators will also explore realistic options with you to help resolve conflicts improve communication and rebuild positive relationships with your family.
Things that Alone in London can do:
- provide 1-2-1 support
- help improve communication
- talk to your family for you
- support with a planned move- on with continued family support
Things that Alone in London won’t do:
- instruct or tell you what to do
- act on your behalf
- provide accommodation
- prove any right or wrong doing
- take sides
- make decisions for you or your family
Alone in London's Family Mediators will be at Off Centre on Thursdays between 2- 5pm. If you would like further information please contact Off Centre on or email
Find out more about what Alone in London can do for you here
Find out more about how much housing disrepair will cost you.
Download this page here